Sunday 7 June 2015

Simply Porsche...

...today we experienced our first TIPEC (The Independent Porsche Enthusiasts Club) show; their Simply Porsche event held at Beaulieu. All things Porsche could park in the estate parkland directly in front of the museum, and the turn out was very impressive - probably the largest I'd ever seen in my place - from what you'd expect to some highly modified beasts that you wouldn't. I spent a lot of time looking so not too many photos from me for this post sadly, but one creation that stole the show for me, was described as 'the missing prototype RSR' that raced in the 1973 Targa Florio and then disappeared. The donor car was a 1972 911S (a sought after and super expensive car in it's own right) and the subsequent work that went into recreating this iconic 911 is amongst the best I've seen - all the art work for instance is actually in the paint, not a decal in sight! It really is stunning. Below are some photos I found on the web but for more information there's an epic thread here. Built by these guys; BS Motorsport. A seriously awesome car chaps! 



Some pics from the day...



 Myself, Jamie and Jamie (Mr Davis in his menacing Q7 in the background!) convoyed down from The Goodwood Breakfast Club for the occasion. 


Pecs and Porsches. 


Lots of 993s with aftermarket body kits - not a fan myself. 


This 964 '50th anniversary' creation was probably my 2nd favourite car in the show. Nominated for The People's Choice Award, so I sincerely hope it won! 


Brothers. One likes air, the other is more into his water. 



Last pitstop to refuel before heading home. Great day out. Until the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment